Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Marthat's Vineyard

Hey folks. I'm writing this blog from Martha's Vineyard on a crappy old laptop with a bad dial-up connection, so I'm going to try to get a lot in while I have a window of time.

Hmmm. I last wrote after Alewife. The day after that was Chinese food. We went to the restaurant, which was quite deliciously greasy. I sat with Steve and some other girls, which caused some issues, I s'pose, but it seems to be OK now. Anyhow, some fortune cookies included: "A great way to be healthy is to eat more Chinese food" (kind of staggeringly obvious that it's an ad, while at the same time staggeringly wrong, since Chinese food consists of grease, oil, and meat, isn't it?), "The aim of education is to teach you how to think, not what to think" (now how did they know we were from Graham and Parks?), "Oops, wrong cookie!" (ROFLMAOQUNIAKJ), and a thin, sliver of paper that was evidently a mistake in the factory. These last to belonged to MM, who was quite amusingly (and rightly) enraged.

The net interesting thing that happened is that I have come to MV (third time this year--don't ask) , which has honestly been a bit of a let down in that it has been rainy and cold THE WHOLE TIME. We've had fun regardless (Oak Bluffs Flying Horses carousel, whcih I have faithfully ridden each time I've been here. Screw being too old.), but come on. It's Martha's Vineyard. Beach weather, please.

Well, I g2g. Hopefully, things'll be a bit happier when I get home and write again.

Guten Tag (or Nacht, depending on your time zone)

Hale

3 comments: